Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Halloween: 2007-Present

Hi guys! I am keeping up with the Halloween theme this week since it is only a week and a day away, but who is counting, right? I thought it would be fun to show off some of my costumes over the years. At first I only had a couple in mind but I found myself getting lost in old facebook albums, aaaaand basically ended up with 5 years worth of costumes - haha. I really got in to making my costumes sophomore year of college and have been ever since. Anywho...here is a quick - kinda - overview.

halloweeny

2007: I was a newbie to the whole halloween thing so I bought a german beer maiden costume - cute, but pretty unoriginal.
2008: This year my bestie and I decided to go with an animal theme. We were wild cats the first night and a narwhal and lobster the second night. (I went to school where Halloween lasted a weekend and meant multiple costumes)
2009: This year was wild and I dressed up three nights in a row. The first night I was Mia Wallace from pulp fiction, the second night I was a geisha, and the third night I was cleopatra. I guess this year was a girl-power theme?
2010: The cat is out of the bag - I LOVE KATY PERRY. Get over it. I think she is so cute and her songs are so catchy. I was also in love with her hubby Russell. This year her California Girls video came out and I fell in love with the cupcakes. My most inappropriate costume, sorry, but it was a lot of fun. I was the only one dressed up as her this year, the following year they mass produced the cupcake costume - LAME. Brian also dressed up like Russell because they are practically twins.
2011: I was a my little pony and a shark attack victim this year. I wish I could have found a photo of my full pony outfit, it was pretty cute. I had a lot of fun making my shark costume. I made it last minute (the day of), but I think it turned out pretty cool.
2012: Last Friday Brian and I went to a friend's birthday/costume party. I had been sick all week so my Marie Antoinette costume wasn't (still isn't) complete yet. On the drive home I thought of possibilities and Bambi popped in my head. I picked up some makeup and the dollar store Brian Manages and was ready to roll :]

I will share with you all my Marie costume once I wear it on Friday night. I am pretty darn excited. I still need to figure out how I am going to do my hair. Anywhooo...

Do you all go overboard when it comes to Halloween like I do? Tomorrow I plan to share how to make that KILLER shark costume ;]

12 comments:

  1. Your Bambi is absolutely amazing! You look so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The narwhal/lobster night is incredible! I might steal it ;) I love Halloween!
    Make sure to stop by and check out my giveaway!
    xx
    Justyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this idea for a post--I'm sure I've got lots of old fancy dress photos lying about--including a shark one, but not quite as impressive as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see all of your costumes! Especially the shark one :]

      Delete
  4. So much love for Halloween! And the Katy Perry cupcake bra is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favorite holidays for sure. Thank you. Haha. It was a little scandalous but a lot of fun.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love this! Halloween is a favorite "holiday" of mine! I didn't dress up this year! And I don't think your Katy Perry costume is inappropriate! Hee hee! I love that your bf was Russell! The My Little Pony and shark attack victim costumes are great too! You're so creative! -Jessica L

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Halloweeennn! I'm a big Halloween enthusiast :)

    ReplyDelete

Newer Older Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...